In 1998 we were using more than 2 billion floppy disks a year.
That’s a staggering number of floppy disks being used way back then. Twenty-two years later, what's the deal with those 2 billion floppy disks?! completely obsolete! Only wanted by the tech nerds as they reminise over the good old days! Now that we have such a strong reliance on data, and accessibility to it, we have seen a rise in the use of portable handheld devices such as smart phones, tablets and iPads.
Talking about tablets, keep reading for our giveaway.
As I was saying about portable devices, these are being produced as slim and lightweight possible and for the most part, data is shared among these devices with cloud technology!
Here's my question for you. How are you storing data as a daycare provider?
- On a USB stick
- In binders
- On your computer hard drive
3 Things That Can Go Wrong With Old Fashion Data Storage
- We can easily misplace a USB stick, amongst a host of many other things that can go wrong.
- Reams of binders take up so much physical storage space as discussed in our previous blog.
- Probably the most unsafe place to store data these days is directly into the hard drive of a computer. Hands up if you’ve ever spent hours writing a report for your supervisor, only for your computer to unexpectedly crash – all of that hard work gone.
Perhaps your supervisor found it hard to believe that you even wrote the report in the first place!
I’ll be honest, it took me some time to jump on the bandwagon of being able to entrust my data to the hands of any third party. I can also say that there is nothing to be afraid of when it comes to using a cloud-based storage system such as Dropbox or iCloud.
Benefits of using Cloud Technology
- Accessible everywhere
- Always the latest version of the app
- Subscription based or free
- Browser based
- SSL secured
- Password protected
A few weeks ago, I was speaking to a young lady who stated that it's important that she keeps up with her monthly subscription of the cloud platform she uses to store her university work. The younger generation definitely see the benefits of using cloud technology to store data and generally prefer not using USB sticks etc.
Just like we have moved away from video cassettes to DVDs to streaming content online.
It’s quite possible that you are already using cloud technology in other areas of your life. If that be the case, your daycare will benefit greatly from taking advantage of it. Try CRAFTS. Cloud technology for your daycare.
MOVE WITH THE TIMES
Technology is progressive and if we are using any type of modern technology, it makes sense to move with the times. Afterall, we crave whatever will make our lives easier, especially when it comes to running a daycare.
As promised, I’d like to spoil you with one of these giveaways when you get CRAFTS.
- A free tablet (make the word free a link to CRAFTS sign up page)
- A spa day (make the word day a link to CRAFTS sign up page)
Let’s catch up in our next blog post. The topic will be electronic payments.
Take care and thanks for reading the post.